What is the Medidata database?
The Medidata Healthcare Professional Database is New Zealand's premier database of medical, pharmacy, dental, and veterinary professionals.
How is it updated?
The database is updated daily as additions and amendments are received from a wide variety of sources, including:
- Field reports from industry representatives calling on healthcare professionals.
- Subscription and circulation updates to medical publications including SamplesFirst Mailings.
- Medidata's own mailing programme dedicated to soliciting data updates.
- Mail replies received by Medidata's contract mail business.
- Updates to the Medical, Nursing, Veterinary and Dental Council Registers.
Importantly, no database record is changed without validation by telephone contact, unless the information has been received directly from the doctor/healthcare professional.
We believe that the Medidata Healthcare Professional Database is the most accurate and most well-maintained database of New Zealand healthcare professionals.
What data is held in the database?
For each professional or organisation, the following data is held (if available):
- Medidata Unique ID Number
- Preferred First Name
- Preferred Surname
- Professional Title
- Medidata Category and Specialty
- Secondary Specialties
- Preferred Postal Address
- Primary Practice Address
- Secondary and Other work location addresses
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Medical Registration Number
- HPI Number
- Medical Interests (GPs, Practice Nurses and specialists)
- Number of patients seen
- Geographical Territory
- Year of Graduation
- Country of Graduation
- Pharmacy Banner Group Membership
- General Practice PHO Affiliation
- Practice Management Software
- Doctor Specialty Interests
Plus, in certain circumstances, other proprietary information is available.